Friday, July 11, 2008

REVAMP

It's been awhile since I've last posted and I've been doing some thinking. I've approached this blog in two different ways, at first more informal and opinionated, which got me into some trouble with employers, then it became objective, formal and a bit bland. I am not satisfied with either approach and knowing a blog's intentions are to get all your thoughts published and just as anyone can be an artist, anyone can be a published writer, I would like to start fresh, start new, with an approach between the formal and informal. I find it difficult to be purely conversational, but also find it boring to be pseudo-academic, on a blog for that matter. I want my writing to be incisive, natural, and thought provoking perhaps with a pinch of hysterical laughter. I plan to write about shows I see in museums, galleries, music venues, and the like. I want to share my thoughts on the books I read, of the events I attend, and other general cultural experiences. I often freeze in front of my computer on the verge of writing, I am yet to have created a comfort zone for my writing process. But with clarity, decisiveness, and ritual, not to mention encouragement I get from your readership, I think I can get this straight once and for all.
Here goes everything.

No comments: